Date: 24 November 2023 | Time: 14:00-15:00 (GST) | Location: Online Event
Many patients require orthodontic treatment as part of a multidisciplinary treatment plan. Orthodontic treatment planning for such cases can be very different to simply correcting a malocclusion. This lecture will detail the vital and central role which a specialist orthodontist plays with overall management of cases that require treatment planning with other dental/ medical practitioners and prosthodontic laboratories. Management of ever increasing patient expectations will also be discussed. Examples of interdisciplinary cases which will be shown include combined orthodontic/orthognathic surgery patients, orthodontic treatment prior to prosthodontic restorations, creation of space for implant placement and the set up of a dental arch which opposes an All-On-4 restoration.
- Become proficient with the Smile Architect software and CBCT integration into ClinCheck software
- Understand how integral it is to produce orthodontic outcomes which harmonise a multidisciplinary approach to treatment
- Learn to be the driving force for communication and integration between the patient and all clinicians
- Take a leading role in developing an excellent occlusal result with ideal facial outcomes which exceeds patient expectations
- Finesse the Clincheck treatment planning process to achieve desired treatment outcomes efficiently