Registration for January 2023 start is CLOSED. Next intake registration will open in in the first half of 2023 for a start in January 2024. All information on this website is related to a January 2023 start and can be used only as guidance and reference.
The Fixed & Removable Prosthodontics MClinDent is a comprehensive restorative dentistry course focusing on fixed and removable prosthodontics, designed to advance skills in complex multi-disciplinary dental problems, including tooth wear, complex aesthetics and occlusal problems. A key feature of this innovative blended learning programme is the face-to-face hands-on training teaching block which takes place in Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3. Students can choose to attend this in either London or Dubai, at state-of-the-art clinical training facilities in both locations. An invaluable way to consolidate learning, and network with peers and teachers, you will benefit from a total of 28 days of continuous intensive face-to-face hands-on training across Year 1-3.
Designed for working dentists, you will employ the skills learned throughout the course in your own practice. This course is mostly delivered online, so you can study anywhere in the world with minimum disruption to your professional and personal life while benefitting from world-class teaching.
The course director is Professor Brian Millar, Professor of Blended Learning in Dentistry at King’s College London and Consultant in Restorative Dentistry. He is a specialist in Prosthodontics and in Restorative Dentistry with over 40 years of experience in clinical practice.
Obtain Master's Degree from a global top 5 university for dentistry*
Start Jan 2023, Application Deadline 22 Nov 2022
Online Distance Learning & Dubai Face-To-Face Hands-on Training
Key Facts & Benefits
Students are required to have access to adequate clinical facilities and to patients requiring treatment relevant to the subject area.
- Delivered and awarded by King’s College London by the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences.
- Obtain a Master’s degree from a global top 5 university for dentistry.*
- The four-year programme starts in January 2023, the application deadline is 22nd November 2022.
- Designed for working dentists with limited disruption to private and professional life.
- Study mode: online distance learning with face-to-face hands-on training blocks in Dubai in a total of 28 days over 3 years to learn and practice contemporary clinical techniques at world-class training facilities.
- Internationally renowned centre of excellence for teaching and research in dentistry.
- Pioneers of distance learning in dentistry with over 20 years of experience.
- Course material is delivered by a team of highly experienced clinical tutors and academics, many of whom are world-leaders in their field.
- Multi-authored online course text material supported by extensive references and access to institutional library facilities.
- Online support through regular webinars and tutorials presented by core staff and expert tutors.
- Designed for dental practitioners aspiring to work in high-level general practice.
- Now in its 25th year, this popular programme has trained hundreds of dentists from around the world for independent practice.
- Students develop their clinical skills in restorative dentistry, enabling the treatment of a wider variety of patients and referring fewer patients externally.
- Credit value UK 360/ECTS 180.
*King's, consistently ranked one of the top five universities in the world for dentistry, is currently third in the world in the 2021 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) for Dentistry & Oral Sciences.
*QS World University Rankings by subject 2018-2021; Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018-2021.
Teaching methods - what to expect
- Blended learning
- Clinical skills simulation
- Directed self-study
- Online discussions
- Seminars & Tutorials
- Online lectures
Pricing & Application
14,070 GBP | 17,730 USD | 65,000 AED* per year
*exchange rate from 02 May 2022 at 1 GBP = 4.62 AED and 1 GBP = 1.26 USD
- Application closing date: the first application deadline is on 25 October 2022 (23:59, UK time). After this date, the programme will remain open only if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full. Where the programme remains open beyond this date, no further applications will be accepted after 22 November 2022 (23:59, UK time).
- It is recommended that you submit your application as soon as possible, particularly if your application may result in a conditional offer. Any conditions must be met by the deadline set in the offer letter.
- Additional fees: 75 GBP application fee (non-refundable) and 1,000 GBP deposit on acceptance (non-refundable).
- For additional pricing, application and entry requirements information please visit the official King’s College London website https://www.kcl.ac.uk/fixedremovableprosthodontics