Registration for January 2024 start is CLOSED. Next intake registration will open in the first half of 2024 for a start in January 2025.
All information on this website is related to a January 2024 start and can be used only as a guidance and reference.
The Fixed & Removable Prosthodontics MClinDent is a comprehensive restorative dentistry course focusing on fixed and removable prosthodontics, designed to advance skills in complex multi-disciplinary dental problems, including tooth wear, complex aesthetics and occlusal problems. A key feature of this innovative blended learning programme is the face-to-face hands-on training teaching block which takes place in Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3. Students can choose to attend this in either London or Dubai, at state-of-the-art clinical training facilities in both locations. An invaluable way to consolidate learning, and network with peers and teachers, you will benefit from a total of 28 days of intensive face-to-face hands-on training across Year 1-3 (9 or 10 consecutive days in each year).
Designed for working dentists, you will employ the skills learned throughout the course in your own practice. This course is mostly delivered online, so you can study anywhere in the world with minimum disruption to your professional and personal life while benefitting from world-class teaching.
The course director is Professor Brian Millar, Professor of Blended Learning in Dentistry at King’s College London and Consultant in Restorative Dentistry. He is a specialist in Prosthodontics and in Restorative Dentistry with over 40 years of experience in clinical practice.
Obtain MClinDent from a global top 5 university for dentistry*
Starts Jan 2024, application deadline 22 Nov 2023
Online Distance Learning & Dubai Face-To-Face Hands-on Training
Key Facts & Benefits
Students are required to have access to adequate clinical facilities and to patients requiring treatment relevant to the subject area.
- Delivered and awarded by King’s College London by the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences.
- Obtain a Master’s degree from a global top 5 university for dentistry.*
- The four-year programme starts in January 2024, the application deadline is 22nd November 2023.
- Designed for working dentists with limited disruption to private and professional life.
- Study mode: online distance learning with face-to-face hands-on training blocks in Dubai in a total of 28 days over 3 years to learn and practice contemporary clinical techniques at world-class training facilities. To achieve the MClinDent qualification, you will undertake a research project and study an online clinical module in year 4.
- Internationally renowned centre of excellence for teaching and research in dentistry.
- Pioneers of distance learning in dentistry with over 20 years of experience.
- Course material is delivered by a team of highly experienced clinical tutors and academics, many of whom are world-leaders in their field.
- Multi-authored online course text material supported by extensive references and access to institutional library facilities.
- Online support through regular webinars and tutorials presented by core staff and expert tutors.
- Designed for dental practitioners aspiring to work in high-level general practice.
- Now in its 26th year, this popular programme has trained hundreds of dentists from around the world for independent practice.
- Students develop their clinical skills in restorative dentistry, enabling the treatment of a wider variety of patients and referring fewer patients externally.
- Credit value UK 360/ECTS 180.
*King's, consistently ranked one of the top five universities in the world for dentistry, is currently fourth in the world in the 2022 Shanghai Ranking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) for Dentistry & Oral Sciences.
*Shanghai Ranking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) for Dentistry & Oral Sciences. 2018-2022
Teaching methods - what to expect
- Blended learning
- Clinical skills simulation
- Directed self-study
- Online discussions
- Seminars & Tutorials
- Online lectures
Pricing & Application
14,940 GBP | 18,880 USD | 69,350 AED* per year
*exchange rate from 04 September 2023 at 1 GBP = 4.64 AED and 1 GBP = 1.26 USD
- Application closing date is 22 November 2023 (23:59 UK time).
- It is recommended that you submit your application as soon as possible, particularly if your application may result in a conditional offer. Any conditions must be met by the deadline set in the offer letter.
- Additional fees: 75 GBP application fee (non-refundable) and 1,000 GBP deposit on acceptance (non-refundable).
- Please note: To study at King's, it is essential that you can communicate in English effectively in an academic environment. You are usually required to provide certification of your competence in English before starting your studies.
- For additional pricing, application and entry requirements information please visit the official King’s College London website https://www.kcl.ac.uk/fixedremovableprosthodontics