Course Description and Objectives
- Attendees will learn first and personally practice CAD/CAM technology (step by step).
- Attendees will be introduced to the science behind selecting proper ceramic CAD/CAM materials.
- Boning to ceramics/Zirconia will be discussed.
- Different choices of modern adhesive cements and adhesive bonding will be explained and used during the practical training.
- Learn when and how to prepare teeth for CAD/CAM restorations.
- Participants will learn how to use reduction guide and mock temp application.
- All participants will be acknowledged on recent and modern CAD/CAM materials.
The morning session will consist of a series of lectures on CAD/CAM technology in dentistry which will be followed by a hands-on training in the afternoon. The morning will cover:
- CAD/CAM tooth preparation fundamentals and burs selection
- CAD/CAM history introduction
- Ceramics biomaterial
- Same day single CAD/CAM restorations
- Reduction guide and mock temp application
- Ceramics bonding technique
- Zirconia in CAD/CAM technology
- Retention and resistant forms
- Margin design
- Cements and adhesives in dentistry
The afternoon sessions will be a hands-on practical on models which will cover:
- Anterior tooth preparation crown/veneer
- Reduction guide fabrication
- Digital CAD scan and design procedures
- Ceramic block CAM mill and finish
- Ceramic veneer/crown bonding and cementation
|09:00 – 10:00
||Lecture: Preparation fundamentals in CAD/CAM technology
|10:00 – 11:00
||Lecture: CAD/CAM History and Biomaterials
|11:00 – 12:00
||Lecture: CAD/CAM Zirconia application
|12:00 – 12:30
||Lecture: CAD/CAM clinical applications
|12:30 – 13:30
|13:30 – 14:30
||Hands-On Practical 1: Tooth PreparationVeneer/Crown for CAD/CAM restoration using reduction guide
|14:30 – 15:30
||Hands-On Practical 2: Tooth optical ScanningVeneer/Crown for CAD/CAM restoration
|15:30 – 16:30
||Hands-On Practical 3: Veneer/Crown Designingand Millingfor CAD/CAM restoration
|16:30 – 17:30
||Hands-On Practical 4: Veneer/Crown Bonding and Cementation for CAD/CAM restoration
|17:30 – 18:00