How many times has it happened, that you are just about to ﬁnish your day in the clinic, you are tired and satisﬁed about what you have done and you suddenly receive an emergency patient that needs an extraction? And how many times has that extraction ruined your entire day and you regret having even started it? Planning and understanding what you will face during the extraction process and how to turn something diﬃcult into something simple and easy is crucial to your success and satisfaction as a General Dentist.
- Discuss diagnosis: which X-rays do you need and how to read them correctly
- Design extraction surgery protocol: how to plan the right strategy for the extraction making it simple and predictable: explain the separation of the tooth and the cleavage
- Evaluate when do you need to open a flap and how to do it
- Demonstrate how to treat the socket
- Discuss and demonstrate the right suture
- Summarize the post-operative instructions for the patient: they are as important as the surgery itself
Download the brochure here: 31.05.2024_Dr Maurizio Martini_Brochure.pdf
Hands-on Training Component
The practical of the course will be performed on sheep cadavers and very special imported models.
The hands-on training course is suitable for GP Dentists, Dental Students, and other specialists. The course aims to help dentists practicing general dentistry who need to improve their confidence in extractions and the various suturing techniques.
|09:00 – 09:30
|Diagnosis and evaluation of the complexity of the extraction
|09:30 – 10:30
|What we must know before starting the extraction. Plan the extraction via a specific protocol
|10:30 – 11:00
|11:00 – 12:30
|Extraction techniques: instruments and piezo surgery tips and tricks. Video and clinical cases presentation and discussion
|12:30 – 13:30
|13:30 – 15:30
|Hands-on training on sheep cadavers and very special imported models: extraction techniques for upper and lower molar with and without crown, extraction of premolars and retained roots
|15:30 – 16:00
|16:00 – 18:00
|Hands-on training of suturing techniques on sheep cadavers and very special imported models