Date: 19 November 2022 | Time: 17:30-18:15 (GST) | Location: Online Event
The history of periodontal disease is considered one of the most relevant risk factors for peri-implant diseases and conditions. It is crucial that periodontal screening is done as part of the assessment for dental. If a diagnosis of gingivitis or periodontitis is established treatment is required to achieve stability before implant therapy can start. This lecture will focus on the risk factors for peri-implant diseases and conditions and on the strategies that can be developed to stabilise a periodontal patient before dental implants are placed.
- Acknowledge risk factors for peri-implant diseases and conditions
- Discuss strategies for screening and diagnosing periodontal diseases and conditions
- Discuss treatment options for periodontal diseases and conditions
- Acknowledge importance of periodontal maintenance in patients with implants
- Discuss strategies to maintain periodontal patients that have dental implants