As implant placement increases each year along with the complications for both the placed implant and the adjacent teeth it is imperative as oral health professionals we arm ourselves with the knowledge to prevent complications. Fluoride has sometimes been a controversial topic when it comes to implant maintenance however it is important to understand the research correctly, motivate and help patients maintain health and prevent disease and complications.
This lecture will discuss the use of stannous fluoride as part of the preventative and maintenance treatments for patients who have received implant therapy.
- Discuss stannous fluoride
- Explain the use of stannous fluoride and implants
- Discuss the importance of home care for implants
- Explain tooth related complications after implant therapy
- Explain implant complications