This comprehensive day course provides an extensive overview of skeletal anchorage, encompassing introductory concepts through to advanced techniques. Participants will develop a profound understanding of temporary anchorage devices (TADs), emphasizing mini-implants and mini-plates, and explore their attributes and advantages in orthodontic treatment.
The course commences with an introduction to TADs, spotlighting insertion sites and techniques for both free and guided methods. Participants will acquire knowledge about clinical workflows, exploring the transition from analog to digital approaches that have significantly enhanced the precision and efficacy of skeletal anchorage.
Lectures on both maxillary and mandibulary mechanics cover fundamental techniques such as distalization, mesialization, molar intrusion, the management of impacted teeth as well as rapid maxillary expansion (RME) and Class III therapy. Moreover, participants will learn how to merge clear aligners with skeletal anchorage, extending the boundaries of clear aligner treatment.
Download the brochure: 24.05.2024_Dr Maximilian Küffer_Brochure.pdf
- Understand the characteristics and advantages of various temporary anchorage devices (TADs) in orthodontic treatment.
- Become familiar with TAD insertion techniques, including free and guided insertion, and learn where to use them.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how to incorporate TADs into your clinical workflow, both analog and digital, to optimize your treatment outcomes.
- Gain knowledge in the use of skeletal anchorage in both the upper and lower jaw, including palatal appliances, interradicular implants, and mentosliders, to address specific orthodontic challenges.
- Explore how incorporating TADs into your treatment protocols in combination with clear aligners can help solve even the most complex cases.
|09:00 – 10:45
|Skeletal Anchorage Systems
|10:45 – 11:15
|11:15 – 13:00
|Upper jaw mechanics
|13:00 – 14:00
|14:00 – 15:30
|Skeletal anchorage in the lower jaw
|15:30 – 16:00
|16:00 – 17:30
|Combination with Aligners: Benefit for Aligner Technique (BAT)
|17:30 – 18:00