The quality of direct restorations has improved hugely over the last 15 years. However many of the techniques routinely taught at postgraduate level can be hard to incorporate into a daily workflow, due to time and money constraints. Ian will present rapid, simple, reproducible techniques that can be used in all types of practice settings to improve the quality, longevity, and aesthetics of your day to day work. He will cover the entire workflow from choosing the right composite, understanding shade, shape, translucency, and surface texture correctly, how to prepare the tooth, dentine bonding concepts, simplified instrumentation, the use of putty matrices, sectional matrix use, and finally finishing and polishing techniques in detail. Dr Ian will show cases from his Central London Private Practice, and share his experience from over 25 years as a dentist. The course will introduce the practical solutions to everyday problems and show how applying the theory can lead to clinical success. Ian is Course Director of DENTER, Dental Education Resources, www.denter.co.uk, whose motto is “Excellence through Simplicity”.
At the end of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Have a thorough practical approach to Shade, Translucency, Shape & Surface texture in dentistry.
- Techniques for Creating 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Anatomy
- Understand when to use a sectional matrix system
- Select the correct composite system for their patients
- Understand the classification of Dentine Bonding Agents
- Understand the concept of the Deep Margin Elevation technique
|14:00 – 15:00
|15:00 – 16:00
|16:00 – 17:00
|17:00 – 17:45
|17:45 – 18:00||Discussion & End of the Programme