This course consists of two parts - theory and hands-on training:
- The theory (3 hours) will be delivered to the delegates via Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching on the above mentioned date and time.
- The hands-on training (approx. 4-5 hours) will be delivered face-to-face in the autumn of 2020 (date to be announced).
- Discuss the advantages/disadvantages of the various post morphologies
- Introduce the 5 criteria which influence the success of a post
- Revise the principles of Shenker post design
- Understand the stages required for accurate impression taking
- Appreciate the importance of the ferrule in a post’s prognosis
- Awareness of the technique for a direct Duralay post and core
- Evaluate the techniques available for treating multi-rooted teeth
- Understand the implications of material choice on aesthetics and prognosis
- Discuss anti-rotation grooves, their placement and instrumentation
- Identify the material of choice for a clinical scenario
- Evaluate the criteria for post success in a clinical scenario
- Demonstrate the use of the Nayyar core for multi-rooted teeth
- Prepare a Shenker post and provide a suitable impression
- Fabricate a Duralay direct post and core for anterior teeth
- Produce a split cast post and core using the ‘bead-on’ technique
- Examine the stages in cementation of carbon fibre posts
Theory Agenda | Online | 29 May 2020
|13:00 – 15:30
|15:30 – 16:00
||Discussions and Q&A
Hands-on Training Agenda | Face-to-face | Autumn 2020
|Approx. 4-5 hours
||Shenker, Duralay & Fibre post preps
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the price and how do I pay?
You pay 990 AED ($ 270) + 5% VAT now for the theory (online) part of the course. You pay 1,100 AED ($ 300) + 5% VAT two weeks before the hands-on training (face-to-face) in the autumn 2020.
Is there a discount?
Yes, for the online theory of the course, you pay 10% less of the standard price.
What about the CME?
Everything you attend online will have the usual local GCC and international (ADA CERP) accreditation for CME hours.
What happens if I cannot attend on the scheduled date and time for the theory online?
The Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching will be recorded and available to you anytime, anywhere. If you cannot join, you can watch it at your convenience.
What if I have questions during the Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching?
You will be able to address any questions directly to the speaker via the chat function because this is a live session.
When will the hands-on training (face-to-face) take place?
It is planned for the autumn of 2020.
How would I remember what was taught online in terms of theory right before the hands-on?
You will have access to the recorded video at all times, so you can watch it again before you come for the hands-on training.
What else do I get?
You will receive an access to the Online Library of Tipton Training and British Academy of Restorative Dentistry (BARD) for this particular day of teaching.
I still have unanswered questions.
Please call / WhatsApp at +971502793711