Successful completion of this course should lead to the following learning outcomes for the participants :
- be able to decide whether this patient is a good candidate for veneers or not
- be able to do a proper smile analysis
- apply the right protocol for teeth preparation for PLV
- know how to apply the Mock up protocol for PLV cases
- be aware of the shade matching techniques
- recognize the modern impression materials
- Follow the right protocol for cementation
- be aware of the common mistakes and complications that may happen for PLV treated patients
Porcelain laminate veneers treatment is considered one of the most popular dental cosmetic treatment these days. Many celebrities choose this esthetic treatment to reach what may seem like a picture-perfect smile which lead to a false expectation that every case is a good candidate for veneers.
On the other hand, the dental treatment for such cases is very challenging and requires a proper analysis for the patient and for the techniques to avoid any complication and unpleasant result .
The dentist should decide whether this patient is a good candidate for porcelain laminate veneer treatment or not relying on proper analysis for the case. This analysis should include condition of teeth, habit , periodontal condition, shape of the teeth, their alignment taking into consideration the patient expectation in addition to many further factors.
Complications in PLV treatment may rise at any step; either in planning or execution, needless to mention the cementation process and postoperative follow up.
The presentation will highlight the common mistakes and complication that may happen during PLV treatment and how the dentist can avoid them.
|09:00 - 10:00
||Lecture Topic 1: Introduction to PLV and facial analysis
|10:00 - 10:15
|10:15 - 10:30
|10:30 - 11:30
||Lecture Topic 2: PLV preparation techniques
|11:30 - 12:30
||Lecture Topic 3: Impression making and shade selection
|12:30 - 13:30
||Lecture Topic 4: Cements and cementation
|13:30 - 14:45
|14:45 - 15:45
||Hands-on Training: Teeth preparation
|15:45 - 16:15
|16:15 - 18:00
||Hands-On Training Topic 1: Teeth preparation “mock up technique“
|18:00 - 18:15||Evaluation / Post test