This course consists of two parts – an online pre-course lecture on veneer preparations and two days of face-to-face live in-person hands-on training.
Download the brochure here: 13-14.12.2023_Prof Paul A. Tipton_Brochure.pdf
- The morning session will consist of a Smile Design lecture which will include:
- How to choose between creating a natural smile or a media smile for your patient.
- Cosmetic Imaging techniques for sales and treatment planning
- Assessing Occlusal vertical dimension
- Creating the correct Occlusal planes for the full mouth recon.
- Choosing the ideal centre line for your patient.
- Communication with the technician the correct smile line and anterior Occlusal plane.
- Creating ideal aesthetics by incorporating golden proportion into your restorations.
- Understanding Anterior tooth shapes and anatomy to create beautiful Anterior composite and porcelain restorations
The afternoon session will consist of veneer preparation hands-on training practical.
- Using phonetics to ensure correct tooth profiles
- Lip lines and central incisor dominance
- 50:40:30 rule for contact areas
- Importance of the Dennis Tarnow rule for eliminating black triangle disease.
- Creating the ideal buccal corridor and changing emergence profile v banana teeth
- Soft tissue aesthetics
- Restorative solutions to uneven gingival margins
- Use of pink composite and porcelain to mimic gingival tissue.
- Using Anterior restorative Ortho GDP techniques to create ideal aesthetics prior to restoring
The afternoon session will consist of a veneer cementation hands-on training practical.
The participants must complete, before attending the face-to-face course, an online lecture
The pre-recorded online lecture on veneer preparations will show you the latest techniques for minimally invasive veneers and will include:
- the use of preparation matrices to guide tooth preps
- when to use Conventional vs slice preps
- prepless veneers and when they can and can't be used
- the importance of dentine sealing after preparation
- feldspathic vs Emax restorations and how to choose which to use
- impression techniques to ensure no distorted models
- how to avoid black triangles
- Geller Models vs standard modes for the fabrication of the Veneers
- diagnostic waxing and prototypes