DAY 1 - To understand the rational behind micro surgical retreatment approaches and acquire basic surgical knowledge.
DAY 2 - To understand the importance of magnification in endodontic microsurgery and acquire basic microsurgical skills.
DAY 1 - By the end of the course delegates will understand:
- Outcomes of endodontic microsurgery vs traditional apicectomy.
- The science behind effective local anaesthesia in endodontic microsurgery.
- The use of a dental operating microscope in endodontic microsurgery.
- Flap design and tissue handling to improve post-surgical healing.
- How to effectively prepare an osteotomy.
- Correct methods of ultrasonic root-end preparation and how to identify anatomical markers.
- Which equipment is appropriate for use in micro-surgical techniques.
- Effective suturing and postoperative care including analgesia.
DAY 2 - By the endo of the course delegates will have:
- Been calibrated to a dental operating microscope.
- Have identified cases where surgical intervention is appropriate.
- Have raised a flap with microsurgical instruments.
- Created an osteotomy and identified anatomical markers.
- Performed root end resection and retrograde preparation of the root canal space.
- Performed microsurgical suturing.
- Developed a post-operative care strategy to minimize complications and improve healing.
Agenda Day 1
|08:30 – 11:00
||Rational behind micro-surgical endodontic retreatment
Indications-Contraindications for microsurgery
Armamentarium for microsurgery
11:00 – 11:30
|11:30 – 13:00
||Effective Anesthesia and hemostasis staging
Soft tissue management (Flap designs, retraction, suturing)
13:00 – 14:00
|14:00 – 15:30
||Microscope powered hands on
Flap design and suturing
15:30 – 16:00
|16:00 – 18:00
||Video demonstration microsurgical cases
Agenda Day 2
|08:30 – 11:00||Hard tissue management (Osteotomy and root resection)
|11:00 – 11:30||Coffee Break|
|11:30 – 13:00||Retro-filling Materials and Techniques
Wound healing-surgical Sequel-complications
Outcomes of Microsurgery
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 – 15:30||Microscope powered hands on
|15:30 – 16:00||Coffee Break|
|16:00 – 18:00||Video demonstration microsurgical cases