REGISTER FREE HERE FOR THE WEBINAR | ACCREDITATION: 1 CE Credit Available
Breaking bad habits can be challenging for anyone. Oral health habits can be implemented from a young age to avoid the need to break these habits in later years. What are factors that discourage families from maintaining a good oral health routine for their child? How can we as clinicians support parents and families to manage behaviours and encourage setting up healthy habits? When should a child's first dental visit be and what can we achieve in that appointment, even if the child is non-compliant?
With an increase of childhood caries, it is important for us as clinicians to address these poor habits from the root cause.
- Identifying key barriers in parent's motivation
- Identifying responsibility and importance
- Techniques for creating positive family behaviours, rather than breaking bad habits.
- Dental examination techniques for babies and young children
- Resources for helping clinicians to effectively communicate with families, parents and children to establish positive dental behaviours.