Guided Biofilm Therapy is the unique prophylaxis concept that pursues Biofilm Management determined by scientific standards based on the principles of the scientific studies of P. Axelsson and J. Lindhe.
The concept of Guided Biofilm Therapy is discussed as a sophisticated method of professional dental cleaning process. Recent advancements in technology and powders, has allowed for new possibilities using Guided Biofilm Therapy with airflow and powder technologies to greatly improve the results from cleaning and the overall patient experience.
- Explain the Guided Biofilm Therapy treatment protocols based on individual patient diagnosis and risk assessment in order to achieve optimal results
- Apply practical knowledge of the GBT treatment that is given in the least invasive way, with the highest level of comfort, safety and efficiency
- Demonstrate oral hygiene care strategies by GBT protocol
- Apply tips and tricks on practicing the GBT protocols when using the air-flow, perio-flow and piezon technology
- Explain the theoretical and practical applications of the dental prophylaxis concept (GBT)