Prof. Arwa has graduated from King Saud University with honour in 1989. In 1993 She did training in Periodontology at Dalhousie University in Halifax – Canada. In 1996 she obtained a Master of Dental Implants from the University of Toronto in Toronto – Canada – she developed a new design for the Endo-Pore dental implant system and won the prize of the best thesis in Toronto for that year. In 2001 she obtained a second Master's degree in advanced clinical training in Periodontology and Dental Implant from Eastman Dental Institute at University College London in the UK – she was graduated with distinction.
In 2009 she became the chief editor of the dental section at the Saudi Medical Journal. In 2010 she was awarded with King AbdulAziz First Medal Price at the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for discovering gene polymorphism in drug-induced gingival hyperplasia in kidney transplant patients. In 2013 she obtained the fellowship of the American College of Dentists from New Orleans, USA.
In 2015 Prof. Arwa became a member of the central accreditation committee at the SCFHS and in 2017 she became a member of the auditing assessment and referee evaluating committees at the SCFHS. Prof. Arwa is also a certified item writer at the SCFHS
- Consultant in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry
- Head of examination Committees of The Saudi Board in Periodontics
- Head of Implant Licensing committee at the SCFHP
- Editorial Board Member - Global Journal of oral Science (GJOS)
- Fellow of the American Collage of Dentists
- Fellow of the International Team of Implantology
- Prince Sultan Medical Military City