Indirect restorations are used nowadays to solve a wide range of restorative challenges. The variety of workflows between dental practices and laboratories, however, make it difficult for clinicians to choose the best alternative for an efficient treatment plan. The restorative material will certainly play a role in the clinician´s decision, being it feldspathic ceramic, lithium dissilicate, zirconia, hybrid ceramic or any other modern alternative especially those related to digital dentistry. In this lecture the attendant will learn about different workflows and materials for indirect restorations, including their indications and treatment plan.
- The lab-side and the chair-side digital workflows.
- Application of different indirect restorative materials: hybrid ceramic, feldspathic ceramic, lithium disilicate and zirconia
- Practical guidelines for the indication of modern restorative materials according to the treatment plan.
- Reaching the right balance between strength and aesthetics.
At the end of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the lab-side and chair-side workflow possibilities.
- Understand the manufacturing possibilities at lab-side.
- Recognize the different materials currently available for indirect oral rehabilitation.
- Indicate the correct material according to the requirements of each clinical case.
- Find the right balance between strength and aesthetics for indirect restorations.