Digital dentistry is now a reality in our every day practice, at least in some of the steps of the dental treatment, and one of the most important diagnostic tools is the digital impression using intraoral scanners. The digital impression is also used in designing appliances and restorations and can be integrated with other digital acquisition modalities to achieve the optimum treatment plan in the digital workflow. In this session, the topic of intraoral scanners will be discussed to show how the dentist can improve his clinical practice using this technology.
- Describe the benefits and limitations of using intraoral scanners compared to the conventional impression techniques.
- Demonstrate some of the clinical applications of intraoral scanners
- Explain the dentist to be able to properly evaluate and choose an intraoral scanner.
- Explain how to integrate the digital impression with other digital modalities in the digital workflow.
- Discuss the recent updates of this technology.