At the end of this lecture registrants should be able to understand:
- The concept of starting with the end in mind
- The correct 3-D spatial implant position
- Techniques & methods used for placing implants in the correct 3-D position
- The synergy between analog & digital methods
- Limitations of analog & digital methods
It’s all about implant position! In order to achieve optimal 3-D implant placement, the implant dentist needs to “start with the end in mind “by “ operating like an oral surgeon but thinking like a prosthodontist “. Various surgical & prosthodontic techniques, both analog & virtual can be combined & used to achieve optimal 3-D implant placement which will ensure screw retention, long term tissue health and good facial aesthetics.