This lecture will provide an overview on a different approach to every day dentistry that could result in far less invasive treatments for many patients throughout their lives. By the end of the lecture participants will understand the benefits of a lifetime conservative approach to patients. They will understand how case planning and appropriate treatment can help all dentists carry out simple anterior treatments that not only have aesthetic but clear and long term functional benefits. They will see how cosmetic dentistry can be far more functionally driven and this applies to vastly more patients than traditionally believed. They will understand how safe and systematic driven approach to restoratively focused orthodontics can provide results that are achievable and last for years and how this is applicable to nearly every patient. This will ideally enable dentists to use less drills, cut less tooth and maintain tooth structure and health for longer.
This lecture will use clinical case examples and long term case follow up to demonstrate how, this approach can benefit patients in the long term and will include the following subject areas:
- Explain how to educate patients on the effect of continued tooth movement and slow occlusal changes
- Discuss the planning protocols of simple occlusion-driven anterior alignment methodology
- Discuss a long-term strategy to protect guidance and long-term function via orthodontic planning and retention methodology
- Outline the use of edge bonding as a viable interceptive non-invasive aesthetic and functional tool for cosmetic dentistry and occlusal treatment via the Dahl principle
- Explain how Align Bleach and Bond can totally change the way we approach all cases not just cosmetic ones