During the last two decades, laser dentistry has gained popularity amongst colleagues. Although we are already sixty years from the first working laser device by Theodore Maiman, still today many misconceptions are confusing users and lead to unsuccessful treatments. During this lecture, we will analyze and discuss those very common misconceptions that are misleading today's dentists and will hopefully lead to clearing up the vague picture around these modern devices.
- Explain why is laser light different from other light forms?
- Discuss what are the different wavelengths used in dentistry today?
- Explain which fields of dentistry can be benefited from laser-assisted therapies?
- Understand if a hard tissue laser can be used in soft tissue?
- Understand how can a dentist improve his knowledge and skills in laser dentistry?