Decreasing aerosol leaks are of great interest, especially in the recent era of COVID-19. There are several techniques, equipment and also guidelines on how to increase dental treatment’s and personnel’s safety. The lecture summarizes the most important knowledge about personal protective equipment (PPE), the aerosol eliminating strategies and introduces a special fine mist aerosol decreasing restorative cavity preparation method based on the lecturer’s published in vitroresearch.
- Discuss infectious diseases in the dental office
- Discuss research results regarding recommended personal protective equipment
- Discuss fine mist aerosol: from the eliminating strategies point of view
- Discuss fine mist aerosol: from the production point of view, i.e. tooth preparation strategies
- Explain jet irrigation of speed-increasing handpieces and thermal aspects in the pulp cavity