This course is SOLD OUT.
For available hands-on courses please visit www.cappmea.com/courses
In recent years, there has been increasing interest in the practice of Minimal Intervention Dentistry (MID) particularly in paediatric dentistry. In this session, you will learn about techniques to facilitate the young child’s first dental visit and what advice to give to parents. You will also be introduced to biological techniques which can be used in general practice to manage caries in young children with limited cooperation, without the use of local anaesthesia, e.g. application of Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF) and placement of stainless steel crowns using the Hall technique. In situations requiring local anaesthesia, you will learn how to deliver painless local anaesthesia using the computer-assisted local anaesthesia STA Wand machine. You will also learn about behaviour management strategies which you can use in your practice to provide “painless” experiences for anxious children, special needs patients and even adult patients.
Download the brochure: 26.10.2023_Huei Jinn Tong_Brochure.pdf
- Learn how to facilitate the young child’s 1st dental visit, clinical tips on how to carry out examination in the young child, how to do caries risk assessment and provide anticipatory guidance.
- Learn about Silver Diamine Fluoride, and understand the indications and case selection, clinical procedure and how to counsel the patients prior to the procedure.
- Learn about the biological basis of Hall Technique crown, case selection including indications and contraindications, clinical procedure and tips and tricks for fitting the stainless steel crowns.
- Learn how to use Computer assisted local anaesthesia delivery in your everyday clinical practice.
- Learn about behaviour management strategies on how to prepare and deliver local anaesthesia safely in a young child or anxious patient.
Hands on procedure
- Application of Silver Diamine Fluoride,
- Fitting of Hall Technique crown (using stainless steel crowns)
- Use of the Computer Assisted local Anaesthesia Delivery (using the STA Wand machine).
|09:00 – 10:00
||Lecture - Managing Infant Oral Health: Preparing for the First Dental Visit
|10:00 – 10:45
||Lecture -Silver Diamine Fluoride: Case selection and procedures
|10:45 – 11:30
||Demonstration and Hands on Application of Silver Diamine Fluoride
|11:30 – 11:45
|11:45 – 12:45
||Lecture - Hall Technique Crown: Indications and Procedures
|12:45 – 13:45
|13:45 – 15:00
||Demonstration and Hands on Fitting of Hall Technique crown (using stainless steel crowns)
|15:00 – 16:00
||Lecture -Painless Local Anaesthesia Techniques (Computer-assisted Local Anaesthesia Delivery)
|16:00 – 17:00
||Demonstration and Hands on for the Use of the Computer Assisted local Anaesthesia Delivery (using the STA Wand machine).
|17:00 – 17:30