Whether it is an infant battling transmission of Streptococcus mutans from the mother, a stressed college student making poor dietary choices or a senior citizen with exposed roots, each stage of life has its’ own set of threats to oral health. This webinar will examine those risks and behaviors as they relate to your patient groups by age. You will use evidence-based risk factors to determine who will benefit from what level of intervention and learn to construct patient-centered strategies to affect change.
The intervention strategies discussed will include measures to take at all life stages: from pregnancy through childhood to adults and senior citizens. You will learn a quick and easy method for uncovering the most common evidence-based risk factors that affect your patients. You will discover that a majority of your patients are likely to benefit from a risk reduction strategy including preventive fluoride treatment one to four times a year.
Participants will learn about proven practice-based treatments such as fluoride varnish and home fluoride products that the patient can include in their oral health routine. Getting your patients through life caries-free is attainable; it just takes deliberate intervention at every stage of life.
- Quickly assess the patients’ risk level using an evidence-based protocol for known risk factors
- Effectively communicate the long-term benefits of fluoride varnish as a risk reduction tool
- Provide assessment and treatment with minimal change to your current hygiene appointment
- Gain patient acceptance independent of insurance assistance
- Establish an office protocol promoting risk assessment as an important part of patient and practice health