This course consists of two parts - theory and hands-on training:
- The theory (3 hours) will be delivered to the delegates Online.
- The hands-on training (approx. 4-5 hours) will be delivered face-to-face on 05 October 2020
- Identify the material of choice for a clinical scenario
- Evaluate the criteria for post success in a clinical scenario
- Demonstrate the use of the Nayyar core for multi-rooted teeth
- Prepare a Shenker post and provide a suitable impression
- Fabricate a Duralay direct post and core for anterior teeth
- Produce a split cast post and core using the ‘bead-on’ technique
- Examine the stages in cementation of carbon fibre posts
- Discuss the advantages/disadvantages of the various post morphologies
- Introduce the 5 criteria which influence the success of a post
- Revise the principles of Shenker post design
- Understand the stages required for accurate impression taking
- Appreciate the importance of the ferrule in a post’s prognosis
- Awareness of the technique for a direct Duralay post and core
- Evaluate the techniques available for treating multi-rooted teeth
- Understand the implications of material choice on aesthetics and prognosis
- Discuss anti-rotation grooves, their placement and instrumentation
Theory Agenda | Online
- Posts seminar
- Discussions and Q&A
Hands-on Training Agenda | Face-to-face | 05 October 2020
|Approx. 4-5 hours
|Shenker, Duralay & Fibre post preps
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is there a discount?
Yes, for the online theory of the course, you pay 10% less of the standard price.
What about the CME?
Everything you attend online will have the usual local GCC and international (ADA CERP) accreditation for CME hours.
How would I remember what was taught online in terms of theory right before the hands-on?
You will have access to the recorded video at all times, so you can watch it again before you come for the hands-on training.
What else do I get?
You will receive an access to the Online Library of Tipton Training and British Academy of Restorative Dentistry (BARD) for this particular day of teaching.
I still have unanswered questions.
Please call / WhatsApp at +971502793711