This course consists of two parts - theory and hands-on training:
- The theory (3 hours) will be delivered to the delegates via Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching on the above mentioned date and time.
- The hands-on training (approx. 4-5 hours) will be delivered face-to-face in the autumn of 2020 (date to be announced).
- Awareness of the materials available for Inlays/ Onlays
- Understand the cavity design
- Identify the ‘bulk’ of material required for strength
- Appreciation of the retentive/resistance form required
- Provide an armamentarium to produce these preparations
- Introduce the ‘Hollow’ ground chamfer
- Identify where to place the preparation margins
- Define the rational for onlay or inlay preparation
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Identify the materials available for Inlay/ Onlay restorations
- Understand the preparation design through an appreciation of material choice
- Produce preparations which demonstrate the correct divergence and provide retention/ resistance form
- Illustrate how the correct use of chamfer bur will produce round internal line angles
- Demonstrate the correct placement and application of the Hollow ground chamfer
- Place preparation margins with an awareness of tooth contact points
- Gain an appreciation of when to extend an Inlay preparation to an Onlay preparation
- Identify the criteria for prescribing a material of choice
- Describe the bonding/ cementation rational for a given material
- Divergence angle
- Resistance/ retention form
- Internal line angles
- Cavo-surface margin
- Hollow ground chamfer
- Porcelain v’s Composite
Theory Agenda | Online | 14 August 2020
|13:00 – 15:30
||Porcelain inlays & onlays lecture
|15:30 – 16:00
||Discussions and Q&A
Hands-on Training Agenda | Face-to-face | Autumn 2020
|Approx. 4-5 hours
||Hands-on practical: porcelain inlays & onlays
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the price and how do I pay?
You pay 990 AED ($ 270) + 5% VAT now for the theory (online) part of the course. You pay 1,100 AED ($ 300) + 5% VAT two weeks before the hands-on training (face-to-face) in the autumn 2020.
Is there a discount?
Yes, for the online theory of the course, you pay 10% less of the standard price.
What about the CME?
Everything you attend online will have the usual local GCC and international (ADA CERP) accreditation for CME hours.
What happens if I cannot attend on the scheduled date and time for the theory online?
The Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching will be recorded and available to you anytime, anywhere. If you cannot join, you can watch it at your convenience.
What if I have questions during the Online Virtual LIVE Classroom Coaching?
You will be able to address any questions directly to the speaker via the chat function because this is a live session.
When will the hands-on training (face-to-face) take place?
It is planned for the autumn of 2020.
How would I remember what was taught online in terms of theory right before the hands-on?
You will have access to the recorded video at all times, so you can watch it again before you come for the hands-on training.
What else do I get?
You will receive an access to the Online Library of Tipton Training and British Academy of Restorative Dentistry (BARD) for this particular day of teaching.
I still have unanswered questions.
Please call / WhatsApp at +971502793711