This course consists of two parts - theory and hands-on training:
- The theory (3 hours) will be delivered to the delegates via Online.
- The hands-on training (approx. 4-5 hours) will be delivered face-to-face on 07 October 2020.
- Awareness of the materials available for Inlays/ Onlays
- Understand the cavity design
- Identify the ‘bulk’ of material required for strength
- Appreciation of the retentive/resistance form required
- Provide an armamentarium to produce these preparations
- Introduce the ‘Hollow’ ground chamfer
- Identify where to place the preparation margins
- Define the rational for onlay or inlay preparation
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Identify the materials available for Inlay/ Onlay restorations
- Understand the preparation design through an appreciation of material choice
- Produce preparations which demonstrate the correct divergence and provide retention/ resistance form
- Illustrate how the correct use of chamfer bur will produce round internal line angles
- Demonstrate the correct placement and application of the Hollow ground chamfer
- Place preparation margins with an awareness of tooth contact points
- Gain an appreciation of when to extend an Inlay preparation to an Onlay preparation
- Identify the criteria for prescribing a material of choice
- Describe the bonding/ cementation rational for a given material
- Divergence angle
- Resistance/ retention form
- Internal line angles
- Cavo-surface margin
- Hollow ground chamfer
- Porcelain v’s Composite
Theory Agenda | Online | 14 August 2020
|Porcelain inlays & onlays lecture|
|Discussions and Q&A|
Hands-on Training Agenda | Face-to-face | 07 October 2020
|Approx. 4-5 hours
||Hands-on practical: porcelain inlays & onlays
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is there a discount?
Yes, for the online theory of the course, you pay 10% less of the standard price.
What about the CME?
Everything you attend online will have the usual local GCC and international (ADA CERP) accreditation for CME hours.
How would I remember what was taught online in terms of theory right before the hands-on?
You will have access to the recorded video at all times, so you can watch it again before you come for the hands-on training.
What else do I get?
You will receive an access to the Online Library of Tipton Training and British Academy of Restorative Dentistry (BARD) for this particular day of teaching.
I still have unanswered questions.
Please call / WhatsApp at +971502793711