Phantom Head Course: Veneers, Bonded Crowns and Bridge Design
27 Sep 2018 Royal Rose Hotel | Abu Dhabi | UAE Area of interest: General Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry
Course fee: 2,200AED | 599$
- Delegates will receive an introductory course to ‘The Restorative & Aesthetic Certificate & Diploma Course by CAPP-Tipton Dental Academy and BARD’, a two year program which will start in the middle of 2018 (group 4)
- Delegates will learn about the latest practical techniques in Aesthetic Dentistry.
- Tooth preparation on models for the latest designs of veneers, crowns and bridges.
- Understand when and how to prepare teeth for different styles of veneer preps.
- Learn when and how to prepare teeth for different types of aesthetic crowns.
- Understand and use the correct types of impression materials and soft tissue manipulation techniques.
- Understand the basics of Occlusion and how to simplify what is required to improve aesthetics and function.
- They learn how to communicate better with your dental technician.
- They learn how to design and prepare teeth for bridgework.
The morning session will consist of a seminar on tooth preparation followed by a lecture which will cover:
- Two handed preparation
- Choice of burs
- Laboratory Support
- Speed increasing hand pieces
- 4 stages of tooth preparation
- Occlusal reduction
- Axial walls
- Margin choice
- Resistance & retention form
The afternoon will be a hands on practical on phantom head models in two groups and will cover:
- Anterior & posterior PFM crown preps
- Use of prep matrics
- Shillinburg wings
- Impression techniques
- Retraction cords
|09:00 – 10:00
||Lecture Part 1: Preparing to prepare crowns - all the hints and techniques required to be ready to prepare, from diagnostics to two handed tooth preps.
|10:00 – 11:00
||Lecture Part 2: Modern styles of tooth preps for crowns - featuring all ceramic and bonded crowns and different marginal designs.
|11:00 – 11:15
|11:15 – 11:30
|11:30 – 12:30
||Lecture Part 3: Minimum Veneer preps - including conventional, slice, mini chamfers, 3/4's. Bridge preps for fixed moveable designs - including box preps, overcoming alignment problems etc.
|12:30 – 13:30
||Lunch Break / Prayer Time
|13:30 – 14:30
||Hands-on Part 1: Tooth Preparation Practical for Veneers, Crowns and Bridgework
|14:30 – 15:30
||Hands-on Part 2: Tooth Preparation Practical for Veneers, Crowns and Bridgework
|15:30 – 16:30
||Hands-on Part 3: Tooth Preparation Practical for Veneers, Crowns and Bridgework
|16:30 – 17:30
||Hands on Part 4: Tooth Preparation Practical for Veneers, Crowns and Bridgework
|17:30 – 18:00