The aim of the pain management webinar is to enhance HCPs knowledge and skills in the diagnosis, assessment, and management of pain in their patients. The webinar aims to provide healthcare professionals with evidence-based information and strategies for effective pain management, with a focus on the specific needs and challenges of patients with orthopedic conditions such as mixed pain and osteoarthritis.
Additionally, the webinar aims to improve healthcare professionals' understanding of the potential risks and benefits of different pain management modalities, including the use of opioids and non-opioid medications, as well as non-pharmacological approaches.
Overall, the aim of the activity is to help healthcare professionals improve the quality of care they provide to patients with pain, and to enhance their ability to manage pain in a safe, effective, and patient-centered manner.
- Understand the different types of pain and their classification based on their underlying causes and mechanisms
- Deepen the knowledge of mixed pain its concept and the definition, and identify appropriate strategies that address both neuropathic and nociceptive components of the pain
- Learning about the available treatments and management strategies for different types of pain, including pharmacological and non-Pharmacological options
- Exploring the evidence -based guidelines for pain management and their implementation in clinical practice
- Analyzing a case study of a patient with pain to understand the practical application of pain management principles and techniques
Expected 2 CPD (Federation of the Royal College of Physicians UK for 2 external (category 1) CPD credits)
|14:00 – 14:05
|14:05 – 15:30
||Dr Saeed Ali Althani – Pain Management: Understanding Classification, Effective treatment strategies, and Case Study
|15:30 – 17:00
||Dr Mostafa El Singergy – Osteoarthritis: Etiology, Diagnosis, and Management
|17:00 – 17:15
||Q&A and Conclusion