This event has been specifically designed to provide pharmacists with the latest knowledge and skills necessary to deliver effective and safe OTC medication practices during the Hajj pilgrimage. This annual event attracts millions of Muslims from all over the world and is a time of great spiritual significance. However, with so many people in one place, there is an increased risk of infectious diseases and other health concerns. That's why it's crucial for pharmacists to have a solid understanding of the appropriate OTC practices to ensure the well-being of the pilgrims. This activity will cover the latest research and best practices related to neuropathy, joints pain, and infection control, among other topics Neuropathy: Pharmacists may need to improve their knowledge of the symptoms of neuropathy and how to differentiate neuropathy from other conditions that cause similar symptoms. They may also need to learn about the appropriate OTC medications for treating neuropathic pain, and how to counsel patients on their use. Joints pain: Pharmacists may need to improve their knowledge of the causes of joint pain and how to differentiate different types of joint pain, such as acute versus chronic pain. They may also need to learn about the appropriate OTC medications for treating joint pain, and how to advise patients on their use. Infection control: Pharmacists may need to improve their knowledge of infection control practices, such as hand hygiene, disinfection, and sterilization, and how to educate patients on these practices. They may also need to learn about the appropriate OTC medications for preventing and treating common infections that may occur during Hajj, such as respiratory infections. By addressing these potential learning needs or gaps, pharmacists will be better equipped to provide effective care for pilgrims during Hajj season.
- Improve pharmacists' knowledge regarding common medical conditions encountered during Hajj season.
- Enhance pharmacists' understanding of appropriate over-the-counter (OTC) medications for pilgrims' health needs during Hajj season.
- Educate pharmacists about hygiene practices and their importance in preventing and managing health issues during Hajj season.
- Increase pharmacists' knowledge of nutrition requirements specific to pilgrims during Hajj season
- Equip pharmacists with the skills to provide effective care and guidance to pilgrims regarding their health needs during Hajj season.
- Promote patient safety by encouraging the safe and effective use of OTC medications during Hajj season.
- Improve patient outcomes by ensuring that pharmacists are well-prepared to address the health needs of pilgrims during this important time.
The aim of this activity is to improve the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and performance of pharmacists in providing appropriate OTC practices during Hajj season. Specifically, the aim is to enhance pharmacists' understanding of the common medical conditions, appropriate OTC medications, hygiene practices, and nutrition requirements that pilgrims may need during Hajj season. By addressing these areas, pharmacists will be better equipped to provide effective care for pilgrims and help them manage their health needs during this important time. Ultimately, the aim of the activity is to improve patient outcomes and promote the safe and effective use of OTC medications during Hajj season.
|1 hour lecture||Prevention: Best Practices for over the counter medications during Hajj Season
|1 hour lecture
||Treatment: Best Practices for over the counter medications during Hajj Season
In collaboration with