- To be able to develop various guides for the creation of mock ups, the preparation of teeth and development of provisionals.
- To produce an accurate mock up for posterior teeth.
- To be able to predictably prepare posterior teeth for various types of restorations via mock ups, using the matrixes for calibration.
- To be able to select the right material viscosity and use the most suitable technique for predictably successful impressions.
- To produce biologically and functionally correct provisionals through prefabricated guides.
The restoration of aesthetics has been at the center of clinical dentistry for several years now. Factors including changing social standards, direct communication with social media, and modifying aesthetic standards have led to a steady increase in the interest of dental patients in aesthetic rehabilitation.
Predictability is a major requirement for the restoration of esthetics. Through the concept of TIPs (Transfer Information Predictably), predictability becomes a must for any restorative procedure. Tooth preservation can be achieved through predictable preparation form, following certain rules and techniques. Accurate impressions are the outcome of tissue handling, materials selection and preferred technique. So, the path to desirable esthetics, effortless function and patient satisfaction is paved with TIPs.
In this hands-on workshop the participants will be trained on preparations, impression procedures and provisionalization for different types of posterior restorations, like full coverage crowns and tabletops. The main concept is predictability throughout any process.
|08:30 – 09:00
|09:00 – 10:45
||Predictable paths to Prosthodontic Procedures
|10:45 – 11:00
|11:00 – 12:30
||Hands-on: Creation of various matrices to be used for mock ups, controlled tooth preparations and provisionals. Development of a full contour mock up of posterior teeth using composite based materials.
|12:30 – 13:30
|13:30 – 15:15
||Hands-on: Calibrated step by step preparation of posterior teeth through the mock up, using the prepared matrices.
|15:15 – 15:30
|15:30 – 16:30
||Hands-on: Training on different impression techniques using different material viscosities.
|16:30 – 17:30
||Hands-on: Development of provisional restorations using the putty matrix.Demonstration of various cementation procedures with permanent luting agents.
|17:30 – 18:00
||Q&A and Discussion