The maxillo-facial trauma involves in most of the cases the oral sphere with all its components. We would witness fracture or loss of teeth, their gingival and bony supports. The restoration of the damaged or lost part, “ad integrum”, would have to involve many specialties.
The interdisciplinary approach requires a close monitoring of the different steps of treatment and a close coordination of the members of the managing team.
- Explain the importance of the involvement of different treatment modalities in restoring these trauma cases.
- Compare results from Multidisciplinary and Interdisciplinary management of identical cases.
- Describe the steps in the interdisciplinary management of trauma in the esthetic zone through a series of treated cases that varies from simple to complex.
- Formulate a line of thinking in the treatment sequence of these complex cases.
- Discuss the close coordination between all dental specialties in restoring the dento-facial damage.