Orthognathic surgery is a very close teamwork between orthodontist and surgeon. This lecture will include diagnosis, case selection, treatment planning and execution of treatment and will describe the collaboration between the specialists and flow of treatment. Also the course will address orthodontic and surgical considerations before initiating treatment, surgical techniques, risks and complications. Finally the lecture will include an introduction to 3-D cephalometrics, computer assisted treatment planning and splint fabrication based on 3- D CT and surface scans.
- Review of etiology of orthognathic conditions/problems
- Discuss the treatment team: Different specialties, their roles and coordination
- Discuss planning treatment
- Explain treatment timing and sequence
- Discuss orthodontic considerations
- Discuss surgical considerations