The aim of this presentation is to illustrate the complexity of dentofacial deformities and the need for a multidisciplinary approach for the r diagnosis & management of these cases. This includes the following specialties:
- General Dentistry
The importance of assessing patient’s psychological profile before surgery will be highlighted.
The audience will be made aware of the treatment options available, the presenter will demonstrate surgical techniques, using video clips, and will debate the following aspects:
- Radiographic versus clinical diagnosis
- The timing of Orthodontic Treatments before or after surgery
The limitations of 2D prediction planning using profile photograph and lateral cephalometric radiographs will be shown. The 3D prediction planning will be demonstrated using readily available computer programmes. The presentation will be concluded by highlighting the recent advances in diagnostic imaging and surgical techniques.
- Understand the concept of the multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and management of dentofacial deformities
- Be aware of the innovations in digital planning
- Be familiar with the advances in maxillofacial technological and its impact in improving prediction planning
- Understand the basic orthognathic surgical approaches
- Comprehend the importance of orthodontic treatments and preparations